GRREAT Donation Center
GRREAT is a non-profit, tax exempt charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your donations to GRREAT are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Please consult a tax professional for specifics. We will send you an acknowledgement of your donation. Since we are an all-volunteer organization, it may take up to a month before your check is cashed and acknowledgment is received.
The average cost of veterinary care for a GRREAT dog in 2009 was $690. Today, it is well in excess of a thousand dollars. To help us continue to provide the care that is needed for all the dogs we take in each year, please consider one of the following ways to donate:
- Purchase a GRREAT annual membership at the Membership Center
- Make a cash contribution:
- General Fund to provide ongoing support for regular medical care, training, and supplies.
- Leo Fund to provide surgical care for special needs dogs.
- Simile-Finale Fund to provide holistic and alternative therapies such as acupuncture, swim therapy, etc. for special needs dogs.
- Chief’s Fund to provide MRI’s to enhance diagnostic procedures for dogs with seizures and other medical problems
- Sponsor Me! to provide for the care of Special Needs Dogs.
- Memorialize a pet that has gone to the Rainbow Bridge, and also help GRREAT dogs, with a tribute to Forever Friends.
- Young Donors Club for special donors under the age of 18.
- Make a non-cash contribution of dog-related items such as bowls, crates, dog food. Please send a description of the item(s) to GRREAT’s Vice President.
- Designate GRREAT as the recipient of your company’s matching contribution program. Click here to see if your employer has a program and for information on how to obtain a matching contribution.
- Shop at The GRREAT Store or the GRREAT Shopping Mall.
- Designate GRREAT as a beneficiary in your will or as part of your annual giving contributions.
- Purchase a GRREAT license plate.
- Convert your GRREAT volunteer hours to cash for GRREAT through your employer’s “Dollars for Doers” program. Ask your employer for details or to request your employer’s participation in the program. Companies interested in partnering with GRREAT should contact the GRREAT Fundraising Coordinator.
If you would like to put together a fund raising event to benefit GRREAT, please contact the GRREAT Fundraising Coordinator for information and guidelines.